Friday, October 23, 2009

Extreme Makeover

It's just past 11 a.m. I'm sitting in my room with the lights off and blinds still drawn, enjoying the slowness of the morning. I'm listening to Corrine Bailey Rae, whom I always turn to on rainy, chilly days like today. I didn't have classes today, as it is Fall Break for Ball State University.

I will be getting ready to head to Bunker Hill, IN in just a few hours, to be part of a social media team working with ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'm incredibly excited and equally nervous. I'm sure that there will be times over the next few days that  I will feel totally out of my element. That's okay. Those are the moments that will force growth and allow me to discover  new passions, strengths and weaknesses.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity, thanks to Ball State. I'm constantly reminded by all of these amazing opportunities, top-notch faculty, and classmates who inspire me, that I made the right choice in finishing my undergraduate degree here.

With 9 months to graduation, I'm excited to see what other opportunities may crop up.

 (I probably won't get to see Ty. He's not really my type anyway, but one never knows!)














More to come on my experience with Extreme Makeover, as I will be on location all weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment